Saturday, February 05, 2011

Don't insult me, I’m not the king – British King George V and Princess Victoria

Every day, after breakfast, at exactly half past nine, the British King George V (1865-1936) called his sister, Princess Victoria, on the phone. That was a kind of ritual between them. 

Knowing that it was always him at that time, Princess Victoria often greeted her brother like this:

- Hello, you old fool!

- Excuse me, Your Royal Highness, you are mistaken.  This is the Buckingham Palace operator. His Majesty is not yet on the line. – The operator corrected her regularly. 

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Don't insult me, I’m not the king – British King George V and Princess Victoria"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails